Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Precious things

Yep, another gift!! Aren't I the lucky one.

These pendants coming along like this have been a bit like the 418 bus from Epsom. None for years then three at once!!

I have a Mookaite/jade pendant, a Montana Agate pendant and now this one - it is peanut wood set in silver and I LOVE IT! A gift from my man himself. (As a result of him personally delivering some rocks to a buyer that she left behind and seeing the jewellery she makes from his material.)

The master rock carver, Dalan Hargrave, visited us this morning and showed us these items he had carved from our new Variscite. They are absolutely exquisite. They are to be displayed in the Main Show at the Convention Centre in Tucson - the climax of the show. This is where the finest and most excellent of specimens will be sold and shown. (For three days only at the end of this week.)

The theme this year is Australian Minerals and Glenn's business partner has organised exhibits from our museums and CSIRO etc to be on show for everyone to see. One cabinet will be dedicated to our Variscite. I hope I can get there to see it all and take photos.

No comments: