Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We didn't escape the freezing temperatures this morning. Our pipes were frozen.
I put on layer upon layer of clothing including woolly hat and went for a jog/walk. As I came past the RV Park a vehicle was parked at the side of the road and the driver had got out to take a photo of a beautiful cactus with the mountains in the background. The sun was just coming up and casting lovely shadows across them. I said good morning and then realised it was the teacher from the other day.
She was wearing thin trousers and a light cotton shirt, open at the neck with the sleeves pulled up. I asked her where all her layers were pointing to my thick jumpers. She replied, "Have a look at my car number plate. I'm from Alaska!" That answered my question.
Her vehicle was a small pick up (utility) and she's been sleeping in it each night she's been here. She admitted to having to turn the engine on a couple of times last night!!!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments: